Freedom Rangers available June 29

Quote:
Correct, Freedom Rangers own the name. They were taking birds from Hubbard breeding stock and giving them a marketed name as "Freedom Rangers". So, if you get the identically bred bird from JM (or elsewhere) you are getting a Freedom Ranger in every sense, except the name.

Quote:
Points made, but there are simply no 'breeds' of chicken. There are no breed standard registrations or genetic tests. There are NO breeds of chicken, period. It's very different compared with other livestock.

Quote:
Points made, but there are simply no 'breeds' of chicken. There are no breed standard registrations or genetic tests. There are NO breeds of chicken, period. It's very different compared with other livestock.

That is something that still boggles the mind of this lifelong 4-legged livestock breeder/grower -- no standard breed registries? No purebred stock?

I'll get it...one of these days!
cool.png

I'm with you, Grey...on the 'top secret information'...especially since we actually already have these secret birds in our possession and didn't have to wait until the end of June to get ours!
lol.png

Last I knew, Joel was buying fertile Hubbard eggs from some of the Amish growers in Wisconsin...not chickens. Is that your understanding, too?

He told me they owned the red line and were adding the grey and black. I took that to mean he had the breeding stock.

Regardless, I wish I could just but 2-3 of each and make my own and be finished with this retail nonsense.

You've probably talked with him since I have...so I suspect that your info is more current than mine. I'll stick with buying mine from him...a whole lot easier than keeping breeders around here. It works for me, since he's only an hour from here and I can just drive up and pick up a box of chicks in the spring.

Now...if he only did turkeys, too, I'd be an especially happy camper!

Hello to All,

It seems that there is so much misinformation about these birds, their history, and future, that I sent a note to Joel @ JMHatchery, and Barb @ Freedom Rangers inviting them to join us on this forum and clear up some of the misinformation, and share their chicken wisdom with us.

Hope to hear from them soon, Janet

An open apology to Janet in TN...

Janet,

I would like to publicly apologize for my rude and snippy post above. While the purpose of a forum like this is to share information, another thing that they should be is warm and welcoming. My recent response to you on this thread was neither of those and that is typically not my nature.

I don't want to make any excuses, but I have been touchy and emotional for the past 24 hours. I learned yesterday that a very dear friend of mine just lost his battle with cancer -- leaving a young family (his pregnant wife and their preschool daughter) heartbroken without their husband and father. It has hit all of us extremely hard and I should not have written a post when I was dealing with these issues.

There was no reason for me to respond to you in such a snippy manner and, again, I would like to apologize.
This really IS a friendly place. And look...you have already made a difference here. Barbara's post should put all the question marks to rest.

I would like to try to start over and instead of jumping all over you and being a b!t@# like I was, to say...

Welcome! We're glad to have you! Please forgive me for my rude behavior.

Mary
(I am going to cross post this on a separate thread, even though it's technically against the rules...I just want to make sure that you see it.)

Back
Top Bottom