Freedom rangers

Kandypeeps05

Songster
Jan 30, 2022
Are freedom rangers more healthy than modern day Cornish Crosses? Like I know CCs have mobility issues and are less sustainable but I don’t really ever hear much about Freedom rangers

Freedom Rangers are also a hybrid chicken, so allowing your stock to breed with eachother will not produce Freedom Rangers anymore. I assume by sustainable, you want a breed that you can continually breed out and you harvest a portion for yourself?

Freedom Rangers are also a hybrid chicken, so allowing your stock to breed with eachother will not produce Freedom Rangers anymore. I assume by sustainable, you want a breed that you can continually breed out and you harvest a portion for yourself?
Yes

I wouldn't say rangers are necessarily healthier, but their meat is more naturally distributed on their frames, so they don't usually have the same mobility issues as the CX.

You can keep and breed rangers, but they can also get too big and heavy for their own good when kept past typical butcher age. I suggest you process the larger ones and hold back the smaller ones for breeding if you want to have a healthy sustainable flock. They should produce very nice meat birds for you.

Back
Top Bottom