freezing up? I'm asking for assistance

seminolewind

Flock Mistress
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Sep 6, 2007
Corydon, Indiana
Seems like I got it now. Several times while I'm on BYC, it freezes. I have to out wait it. What's going on?

My PC is a month old and LOADED with lots of everything
lots of RAM, Memory, hardrive, Latest processor, and I have RoadRunner cable service.

Is there something I can do or do I have to wait it out?

can you watch and see WHEN if freezes. Does it freeze when loading a particular thing? Or after you click somewhere?

I guess you've tried clearing your internet cache?

What version of IE are you running? I'm guessing IE 9.........since your puter is so new.

If you go to internet options, and click the advanced tab, scroll to the section called browsing.... See how you can Check or uncheck the options?

now:
CHECK the one that says automaticly recover from page layeout errors using compatibility view

CHECK use smooth scrolling

and
CHECK use passive FTP

If this works for you please be sure to include it here

Seems like I got it now. Several times while I'm on BYC, it freezes. I have to out wait it. What's going on?

My PC is a month old and LOADED with lots of everything
lots of RAM, Memory, hardrive, Latest processor, and I have RoadRunner cable service.

Is there something I can do or do I have to wait it out?

Thats how my FF does on facebook. I have to use IE to get on facebook cause FF wont stop locking up.

They were all enabled, so that wasn't it.
I will be reading stuff, and just scrolling and reading, and then, I can't scroll, and nothing works, just a froze screen

Ok I did a little research........

try this:

Click the Firefox shortcut → Properties → Compatibility → Check "Run this program in compatibility mode" → Select "Windows 98/Windows ME" → OK.

Please let me know If it works, I'm trying to keep a list of resovled issues going.

They were all enabled, so that wasn't it.
I will be reading stuff, and just scrolling and reading, and then, I can't scroll, and nothing works, just a froze screen

The only way out was to boot out.
I am on IE, but changing to Google Chrome later.
But we are talking about Windows, right?

I'm so confused
barnie.gif

Seminole, I didnt mean ot confuse you! Sorry

Yes, we, as in you and I, are talking about IE.

The FF fix (if it works was easier to find) so I went ahead and posted it.

For IE:

If you are using a usb mouse, take it out of the usb port and re plug it, try other usb ports if you have them.

If you are using a corded mouse, unplug it, and reboot your system with out it, then plug it in once its up and running (You only need to try this once, should not have to do it everytime)

If you are using a mousepad, disable it and then enabled.

Have you disabled all of your add-ons?

OH, and dont laugh, try DISabling your smooth scrolling. (leave ftp alone)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom