French black copper pullet or cockerel?

Are my two little chicks the same as yours? I was told mine were golden laced Wyandotte’s!…I’ve never heard of French black coppers, I think they maybe these?…can you help please do you know anything about this breed?
French black marans are just marans with fluffy legs.

Attachments

• 5779FEE3-AEE9-4261-9C86-0CFC23BCF090.jpeg
    5779FEE3-AEE9-4261-9C86-0CFC23BCF090.jpeg
    760 KB · Views: 9
Are my two little chicks the same as yours? I was told mine were golden laced Wyandotte’s!…I’ve never heard of French black coppers, I think they maybe these?…can you help please do you know anything about this breed?
how old are they? Hard to tell at this point but could certainly be wyandotte's and if that's what you bought them as, more than likely that's what they are I would think.

French black marans are just marans with fluffy legs.
French Black copper marans are a "standard" marans, or the most common. That is what is pictured. These are commonly referred to as just Black Copper Marans or BCM. They will all have feathered legs as a breed standard.

The cuckoo marans has bald shanks, and barred feathers but lays the same dark egg. The FRENCH cuckoo marans is the same as the standard marans, but will have feathered legs opposed to bald shanks. The cuckoo marans are the only variety distinguished between French and non French by the feathered legs.

Back
Top Bottom