French Fries in a Frosty?

Do you dip your fries in your frosty?

• Total voters
I don’t like frosties because they are more like malted milk than regular chocolate, but I see the allure, salt and chocolate go well together, I’ve tried it, but it still tasted too malted milk ball-esque. I’ve meant to try McDonald’s fries with a chocolate shake, but I rarely get shakes anymore now that they cost twice as much as the chocolate goop that was premade and squirted out of a machine, and you get half as much haha. I miss the old style of shakes, I don’t need this hand spun nonsense.
I will tell you.
My Grandma would go to Woolworth's and shop for knick knacks while her prescription was being filled and I would wait at the soda counter. My grandma would give me a dollar and I would order a shake,watch the guy make it in front of me. Those shakes were real.
Later as an adult I then learned that the era of soda shops was in decline way way before that and I was very lucky to experience it.

aah memories! the Woolworth counter was a reward treat when we were kids. Mom gave us money for an ice cream soda if we didn't bug her too much when she was shopping. Remember the balloons you could pop to get a banana split for a lesser price?
FYI: only Wendys fries work in a Frosty---they have skins on them

I will tell you.
My Grandma would go to Woolworth's and shop for knick knacks while her prescription was being filled and I would wait at the soda counter. My grandma would give me a dollar and I would order a shake,watch the guy make it in front of me. Those shakes were real.
Later as an adult I then learned that the era of soda shops was in decline way way before that and I was very lucky to experience it.
So true. I’ve been places on vacation as a kid where they had soda shop places as tourist attractions, and friendly’s has always kind of done similar, but have become very few and super low quality in the last decade or 2. I wonder what it was like in the hayday, when there was quality and competition. Where shops made new concoctions and house specials, not just vanilla packet + unflavored frozen goo + flavor syrup.

Back
Top Bottom