French frogs

I will.... but he list four lines that were imported.
I also went to the official Icelandic chicken breeders website...they were one of only 10 in the country. And I might end up on a list for 2017 this late anyway...:/
I just wanted you to know I did at least some research into it today.
But I will ask...thanks.

:hugs

Wasn't trying to sound like I thought you didn't... and I just couldn't remember the specifics... I know Mary knows all of it, I don't... just want you to get what you're wanting... :)

My OH has the nickname of Polar Bear for a reason... he'll freeze me out when we do have heat...
hmm.png

Oh my. I am sorry for you...

If not for DH's surplus heat, our heating the house with a wood stove and the gas furnace at 58 overnight would not be acceptable. With a down comforter, I stay cozy even if the stove goes down.

Oh my.  I am sorry for you...

If not for DH's surplus heat, our heating the house with a wood stove and the gas furnace at 58 overnight would not be acceptable.  With a down comforter, I stay cozy even if the stove goes down.

I wish we could have our house that cool at night, but I haven't won that argument.

Oh my.  I am sorry for you...

If not for DH's surplus heat, our heating the house with a wood stove and the gas furnace at 58 overnight would not be acceptable.  With a down comforter, I stay cozy even if the stove goes down.

It's normally not too bad here, nice thick comforter and I'm good... but that cold snap hit us when we lost heat... fireplace is meant more for ornamental than heat, and there is absolutely no insulation in the walls... when the wind blew, it got super bitter in the house... keeping us, the littles, and the bator in 'ok' range was a bit of a challenge, lol...

Quote:
Our house was built starting in 1822, our bedroom is in the 1840s wing a long way from the woodstove, but a fan at the bottom of the front stairs pushes a bit of warm air up. We usually don't have ice inside the windows any more with the storms on.

Fireplaces are not for heating, unless they were built for it. The one in our living room was once the heat source for the house, the chimney is inside the timber frame, and so the heat stays in the house until it exits the chimney. It is still nowhere near as effective as the old wood burning stove.

Back
Top Bottom