French frogs

That would be great if this wasn't Michigan and freezing weather and all my little babies in a brooder box!  The big birds are still on the 55 gallon auto waterers with heat tapes.  But I need to provide for all my littles...those in the inside brooder, inside cage, outside brooder, small pen, and grow out pen.  That's a lot of birds and not a one of them has running water!

Bless your heart. The only thing running will be you..you'll figure something out!

Good morning frawgs! Hope everyone's ok today
1f49b.png

Hey Farmboy, Hey Miss Am
frow.gif

Just came in from culling my main rooster and one of the Valentine's boys. Need to look up how to process them and figure out what to do with them. I think I saved the paper Walnut or Turk shared a while ago - it's on my computer somewhere.

It sure is quiet out there. Jack crowed all.the.time. It will be interesting to see if Fife steps up as rooster with Jack gone. The old ladies still beat the heck out of him and I wonder if he will ever have the confidence to win them over. He's 10 months now and if he behaves himself he can stay for a while.

I think I have 3 more cockerels Legbar/Orloff I'll see if someone will take off my hands. They are so cute with their little mohawks and a really pretty pattern, where the ones I think are girls are more brown, I'll post pics later and see if the genetics folks have any input.

Morning Deb!
I am off to pick up chick's
Now to keep this batch alive :/

Surely all will go well this time
2764.png
post pics. Of course!

Hi Frogs, hope everyone is well today.

Checked on the teens last night, the first night where I shut the brooder box so they couldn't get back in. About half were on the roost with the adults, a few under the ramp to the nest box and a few were in the nest box. Not bad.

Pulled the two out of the nest box and put them in the safe house. I think they will be ok and seem to be integrating pretty well.

Today I'll clean out the brooder box so the littles can move in tomorrow. It will be nice to have all the chicks out of the house!

Hope your feeling good today Friday. Mine are about 6 weeks now and have to come in at night til the DH builds them a coop..

:lau
:confused: he kinda answers to D*ck now...

He's learned how to handle the dogs, so at least he's out our bedroom and no longer attacking us in the middle the night.

Attacks you in the middle of the night?? What kind is he? Other than aggressive!?

Nope, the Barnies aren't mine so I'll just have them for a few days after hatch. Still have 19 in the bator, with a dozen of those looking good. Will check again tomorrow and mark air cells for day 14.
DH has been pretty tolerant of the whole chicken thing. He is looking forward to getting that room back -it's where he likes to stretch in the mornings and it's a bit dusty in there now. :gig

I feel your pain! With no coop we have no choice.

This is jus hubbys last phone, some kinda throw back LG, with a 52" screen

My first ever broody hen hatched with me!

52"......:lau

Kidding aside its friken 5" tall. And 3 wide, I pulled a tape on it jus now :lau

:frow

Looks like it was a slow night at the frog...

That's because I feel asleep....:thumbsup
Morning everyone
morning...... I'm just left the Drs office.... They hooked me up hopefully I'll get better now

Back
Top Bottom