French frogs

G'Night, K... :hugs
Ducks are so much different than chickens... we are the same here... swore I wouldn't have ducks, too messy... now we have a decent flock of Calls and still growing... spoiled little buggers too... we spend tons of time with them, if you haven't noticed, lol... :D ;)
yes I'm totally Duck whipped....and Flock don't even go there.....good night all...Phil

Yay!!!
celebrate.gif

Very happy for you, Dan!! You'll love them!! Adults or little 'lings??
Yeah! Hatchery choice ducklings. 20 of them

awesome Dan you'll love them
I love ducks more than chickens. Especially these

pics....share pics.....
I will.

So I have come to the tough decision to cull several of my flock.  Some of you know that I came home from Florida and found my best Ameraucana pullet with her eye swollen shut and matted with goop and feathers.  She has had 5 days of Tylan IM and 6 days of oral Oxytetracycline.  She is much better, but still has a slightly runny eye.  I think my Ameraucana boy may have it too, but I can't catch him.  His beard looks ratty and I think I saw bubbles in the corner of 1 eye.

It's getting closer to the time I'm leaving again, and cannot separate them out while I am gone, (1 run, 1 coop, chickens are on their own for 4 days.) 

Thinking rationally, I should cull the Wheatens that show symptoms, cull the other Wheaten pullet with wry tail that I won't breed, and cull the random EE cockerel that was supposed to be an 'Americana pullet".  If I cull now, then I can observe for symptoms in the other 8 for the next few months until I set eggs for incubation in the spring. Come to think of it, I'll also probably need to cull my back-up Orloff cockerel if he starts breeding, since the ratio will end up 2 boys to 6 girls.

Sounds like a plan, but I am such a wimp (as BYC knows) and I start crying when I think about it.  Won't stop me from going through with it though. :hit ​Feeling bummed.

I'm sorry. That's no fun. Make sure you check and see how long it takes for the medicine to get out of the one hens system if you plan to consume your culls. I seem to remember tylan having a fairly long withholding period.

Morning folks.

Sorry to hear about the culling, Friday.

Woke up this morning this guy out of the pen we put him in to keep him separated, but close to the goats and chickens. He had gotten on the outside of the fence and was busy patrolling the perimeter.

I think I may have a keeper

Back
Top Bottom