FRESH EATING EGG FINDER BY STATE! Buy eggs! Sell Eggs!

THe map took too long to load-- like MANY people, I have dial up. I waited longer than I usually do for it to load just to be able to report back to you. I would want something faster and quicker.

Perhaps the state by state info could be presented a little differently. By state then by town alphabetically. Everyone knows the towns around their own location and would be able to look for each town. Using North Texas or Sorth creates a problem for those that are in the middle, someone might think they should be listed in the north but actually be listed with the south.

Love your idea!!!!

I personally think the map is much more user friendly than just a list. You can scroll it in to see exactly where the seller is located. That way a person can narrow down immediately who is close enough to them to be able to pick up eggs. I think the trick to eating eggs is being close enough to not be inconvenient to buy eggs. Its easier to just pick up eggs at the grocery store for a lot of people.

With just a list, people who would be interested still have to find where people live. North Texas covers a big area, for example. But if the person in North Texas can put a marker where they live, its much easier for someone to find where the egg seller is before contacting them.
Thank you for your feedback Halo. It was very beneficial!

THe map took too long to load-- like MANY people, I have dial up. I waited longer than I usually do for it to load just to be able to report back to you. I would want something faster and quicker.

Perhaps the state by state info could be presented a little differently. By state then by town alphabetically. Everyone knows the towns around their own location and would be able to look for each town. Using North Texas or Sorth creates a problem for those that are in the middle, someone might think they should be listed in the north but actually be listed with the south.

Love your idea!!!!
Thank you for the feedback! The State idea had just the minimum information as a sample. We'd hope to have much more information and better organize. Also THANK YOU so much for letting us know about the dial up issue. I'd totally forgot how many forum members use dial up. Maybe a Google Map would be efficient for Non dial up users to use but as an alternative for Dial up customers a well organized table?

Love your idea!!!!
I think I have to agree.... I remember a thread and they had a link to a spreadsheet online. It was easy to search..... let me see if I can find it. It was about help to process chickens......

I think I have to agree.... I remember a thread and they had a link to a spreadsheet online. It was easy to search..... let me see if I can find it. It was about help to process chickens......

Found it! You can download it and do a search on your own computer to look for cities or just by state or by breed.....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ng-to-help-process-by-state-area#post_6895771

Marty and I actually discussed using a spread sheet before and glad to hear people actually enjoy using that format. We will have to look into that. Thank you very much DMR!

Thans for your input! Kevins been trying to coax me back into working on it with her, but since my dads sudden loss a few weeks ago, I just havn't gotten back to my project. I will, thanks for your kind thoughts and encouragement.

Kevin is the guru, and she's awesome, so It'll be up and working soon, I'm sure.
highfive.gif

Thans for your input! Kevins been trying to coax me back into working on it with her, but since my dads sudden loss a few weeks ago, I just havn't gotten back to my project. I will, thanks for your kind thoughts and encouragement.

Kevin is the guru, and she's awesome, so It'll be up and working soon, I'm sure.
highfive.gif
You take your time... we are not going anywhere... this is a great idea!

Hey all, what ever choice is made to be used should be smart phone friendly andipad friendly. I know I can't use the map more than just looking at it from my iPad. Otherwise it's just another BYC feature unusable by us iPad folks. There are plenty of those already.

Hey all, what ever choice is made to be used should be smart phone friendly andipad friendly. I know I can't use the map more than just looking at it from my iPad. Otherwise it's just another BYC feature unusable by us iPad folks. There are plenty of those already.
We will defiantly try to make make this as Mobile friendly as possible.

Back
Top Bottom