Fresh Eggs Daily powdered supplements

Moments

Songster
Jun 17, 2023
I've been using the fresh eggs daily brewers yeast blend for 5 months and mix it daily with their feed. It always seemed to go to the bottom of their dish but they seemed to clean it up pretty good. Since then I've got the probiotic, kelp blend and flax as well. I do the same, mix it daily and even if most of it is at the top when I give it to them, it looks like a good majority of it is left at the bottom when they're done and they don't clean it up. I'm wondering if they don't like the flavor? It's got good reviews. I'm wondering if anyone might have suggestions as to how I can give it to them and have most of it get eaten? I have 10 ducks so it's quite a lot to go to waste when they're not eating it all and it can't be saved for the next day because it's damp.

Do ducks like wet feed?

If you put the supplement in a small amount of feed and get it wet, the supplement will stick to the feed and they will eat it, without it falling to the bottom. I know this works with chickens. If ducks like wet feed, then it will work with ducks too.

what kind of feeder are you using? i add nutritional yeast to my all flock feed in the feeders and it seems to get mostly eaten up.. nothing much left. my ducks have 5 gallon bucket feeders that I made, but my geese eat from a dog food bowl that is under an upside down crate with an opening cut on the side, and they seem to have some left in the bottom of the bowl but it’s not damp, so I just add more food the next day and stir it up

Do ducks like wet feed?

If you put the supplement in a small amount of feed and get it wet, the supplement will stick to the feed and they will eat it, without it falling to the bottom. I know this works with chickens. If ducks like wet feed, then it will work with ducks too.
I'd thought of doing this, seems like a good idea in theory but my ducks can be real food snobs and will usually only eat damp/wet food when they're desperate... like when it starts raining so the food that's left from their morning feeding gets wet and I don't bring anymore out. They didn't used to even eat it then but over time that changed :) Also when i give them their feed in the morning, though they act like they're starving will only eat a few bites each and leave their food to pick at throughout the day.

what kind of feeder are you using? i add nutritional yeast to my all flock feed in the feeders and it seems to get mostly eaten up.. nothing much left. my ducks have 5 gallon bucket feeders that I made, but my geese eat from a dog food bowl that is under an upside down crate with an opening cut on the side, and they seem to have some left in the bottom of the bowl but it’s not damp, so I just add more food the next day and stir it up
I use an old ceramic baking dish. They've always eaten up most of the brewers yeast blend that ends up at the bottom, but they don't with the other supplements so wondering if they don't like the flavor.

Back
Top Bottom