fresh layed egg - gooey and sticky ?!

MichaelaS

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 22, 2012
Hi there,

I just found this forum on my search of answers to my problem and hope someone can help me.
I am pretty new to the whole chicken thing, but I love my chicks!
My Problem:
My white leghorn started a few weeks ago laying. The eggs are already quiet big. But the shell seems different to the eggs of my other laying hens (not white leghorns). Its much harder and the color is Grey white. That"s not what worries me. But when I crack the eggs open they are kind of gooey and sticky. It seems the egg sticks inside the shell and they come out with a "blob" lol. Sorry but can't describe it any better! When I try to beat the egg part of the yolk seems to stick to the fork.The egg white is very white and the color of the yolk is beautiful. Tried my best to describe it but its not easy! One more thing, the outside color is always the same but not every egg is on the inside like above.

Can somebody help me?
Thank you !!

Did you ever get an answer or find out why the eggs are gooey and sticky? I have a hen that is doing the same. I have only six hens and are all fed the same but one is laying an egg like you describe - and the shell is usually more brittle than the others.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom