Frida and Diego! pilgrims gesse? Age?

stephross

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 30, 2014
Cancun,Mexico
Hello! Could anyone help me have an estimate of the age of these little fellas?

Last edited:
I'm no expert, but by looking and comparing them to Cas who is 3 weeks old and about 1/2 feathered now, and a friend's gosling who is a few weeks older and about 3/4 feathered, I'd guess they're in the 5-7 week old range? I still see a little fluff, and they haven't "plumped" out yet, is what I'm basing that guess on Lol Lovely fellas though!

Edit to linking an image from here (pardon my borrowing!), here's a 5 1/2 week old gosling for your comparison:

Last edited:
Hey Even I think Cas may be a little older than three weeks, when ours were the same size it made sense but my geese are not going through their growth spurts yet and will be 3 weeks tomorrow. The only feathers they have are on the ends of the wings and top of the shoulders. So maybe he's four weeks???

Jk, mine will be four weeks tomorrow. Cas has to be older? Unless it's just the food difference. They get grass 24/7 and regular food, BUT they do not take greens like lettuce and such. It's strange? But maybe that's why.

It's possible...the only thing I have to go by is I got him on April 25 and he was tiny, didn't want to eat or drink, and mainly just slept the first day huddled under the lamp, minus the every two hour wake up I gave him. Lol With the reading I did here, that put my best guess at him being no older than 2 days? But, without the farmer knowing that his duck had brooded a goose egg, we have no real way of knowing. But, here's him yesterday in the yard if it helps?

And now today he's even more feathered! Geez he's growing too fast!

And this was the day we brought him home (April 25th)

Last edited:
It's possible...the only thing I have to go by is I got him on April 25 and he was tiny, didn't want to eat or drink, and mainly just slept the first day huddled under the lamp, minus the every two hour wake up I gave him. Lol With the reading I did here, that put my best guess at him being no older than 2 days? But, without the farmer knowing that his duck had brooded a goose egg, we have no real way of knowing. But, here's him yesterday in the yard if it helps? And now today he's even more feathered! Geez he's growing too fast! And this was the day we brought him home (April 25th)
This isn't a good picture but here's the three babies
Those were a week ago. They're more feathered now. I know in the first one it's really hard to see but that's how big they are compared to my adults.

That's about what Cas looked like last week! He only had feathers just starting on his bottom and wing edges. Now today his whole chest is feathered, his shoulders are feathered, he's got a lot on his tail and his wings are filling in.

Ok, here's a good top view shot from just now:

And the day before yesterday playing in the pool, you can see all his chest feathers:

Do those help?

Back
Top Bottom