Frie Sauce

Haley_LinckHillPoultry

Songster
10 Years
May 10, 2009
Morris, PA
I hear it's very popular in the west states.
I've never heard of it until last saturday.
A childhood friend of mine who moved to Utah about 6 years ago came up this past week so he could make it to my sisters graduation.
We recently go one of those deep-fryers so we can now make homemade fries, and during the initial startup and use of it, my friend looks at me and says, "Have you ever heard of frie sauce?" And of course I havent, so I respond, "No." And he says, "It's really big in the west. Some guy in Utah was mixing things together one day, and he combined ketchup and mayonnaise, he told some people and now frie sauce is a hit and it's marketed."
Of course, I'm not a mayonnaise person, so the thought of mixing perfectly good ketchup, with mayonnaise, just didn't sound appetizing to me.
So he gets ketcup and mayonnaise out of my fridge, and mixes an equal amount of each into a bowl. I was hesitant to try it at first, but once I did I fell in love with it. I've eaten it just about everyday since then.

Just thought I'd share the knowledge with those of you who don't know, and I incourage you to try it!

smile.png

Add pickles and you got 1000 Island Dressing.
droolin.gif

Imp- Didn't 1000 Island used to be called Russian before the cold war?

I thought Russian is without pickles, 1000 Island is with them. Or are they really the same?

I make Russian all time to go with my home-corned beef.

It's Mayo, ketchup, Worchestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder and parsley.

Back
Top Bottom