Friend or no friend?

LilChicksBigAttitude

In the Brooder
Aug 13, 2022
New York City
Hey! So I took this girl in about a month ago we found her wandering at the end of our dead end. We’re pretty sure she escaped a poultry shop/vivero across the active railway. I have chicks and she’s the oldest and the top of the order. But she’s extra snappy with both groups of littles. And she’s usually alone once they clique up so I feel bad like maybe she needs a friend (for company & distraction). Any ideas? Before and after photos. She is sweet with people though.

Attachments

• CBC2C7E8-0CFD-4459-A495-FA75F70A8ED9.png
    CBC2C7E8-0CFD-4459-A495-FA75F70A8ED9.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 13
Okay, she sleeps separately in her own spot in the run but yes they’re together all the time.
That's fine, as long as she not hurting the youngsters and they are getting enough to eat and drink.
She may always be a bit of a lone shark.....or she may meld more with them once they start laying.
How old are the chicks, in weeks?

That's fine, as long as she not hurting the youngsters and they are getting enough to eat and drink.
She may always be a bit of a lone shark.....or she may meld more with them once they start laying.
How old are the chicks, in weeks?
They’re 8 and 11 weeks. She pecks at them when they get close or pass by and runs them away often. They’re def getting enough to eat and drink.

Back
Top Bottom