Frist emu egg

Quote:
Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif
roll.png

When I eat the eggs, I always blow the egg out, I have to use a drill to do so. I dont have the heart to breck the egg like you would with a chicken egg to eat it. All tho I would love to see a emu egg in the frying pan with a unbroke yoke, but I just cant breck the egg shell, I have to save it.

We plan on eating some of the eggs, selling some for hatching and allow the male to hatch a few.

Tripp, you have a pm coming your way, or you can email me at [email protected] .......................

92caddy...
I had tried to blow out an emu egg last year and literally BLEW it up! Would you mind sharing your technique for blowing out eggs? Enoch just started on his nest yesterday, so if I collect a few eggs tomorrow morning I should be okay to blow them out.

Last year I used a Dremel tool to drill a hole in the egg. Then I inserted a plastic tube just slightly smaller than the hole. I attached the other end of the tube to a nebulizer which provided the air pressure. Not sure why I failed... but I think too much pressure must have built up in the egg (duh!) and it blew.

I'd love to give it another try, but would also like to avoid the previous results
lol.png

After I drill the holes in the egg, I put it up to my lips and blow, I NEVER use anything with air pressure, just all of my hot air. hehehehe I make my holes a bit bigger then that of a pencil. It takes a good bit of blowing to get it out, then I rinse the egg with water and get the inside skin out and then let it air dry. Good luck...............

Thanks for the tips! I'll have to give your technique a try. Gotta hurry up and collect a few eggs in the morning since Enoch's been on them for 2 days now.
~Eve

They can lay between 30 to 50 eggs per hen, they lay an egg every 3 to 4 days and the male does all of the incubatoring.

Back
Top Bottom