Frizzle bantams - roosters or hens?

cmseck

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 23, 2014
I have 6 frizzle bantams who were born early May 2014.... How can I tell who's a rooster and who's a hen? No crowing going on and they all look just alike. We have 6 other chickens so hoping to get these to a good home soon - but I'd love to be able to say whether they're hens or roosters before taking that step.

welcome-byc.gif
I would post in this forum for best results: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this good luck to you!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Silkies can be hard to sex. I would definitely post this in the Silkie thread to talk to all those Silkie owners.

Pretty birds! Welcome to our flock!

It would be much better if you would take individual photos of them facing the camera. All I can tell by the side views of the whites is, that they are not bearded. You can see them from every angle but, we cannot.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help

Both of these breeds are hard to sex. And the way the pics were taken it's hard to determine the gender of each individual. From what I can see I'm going to say all pullets except the black frizzle with the large comb.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom