Frizzle? I think?

Twizzlebee

Songster
7 Years
Apr 28, 2012
This is my favorite chick. It's really friendly, follows me around the yard, and is super cute! I just don't know what breed it is, I mean, I realize that it's frizzle. We got the chick from a local breeder that had a little bit of everything in her yard, and she said it was a silkie. It has the extra toe, and dark feet, but it definatley doesn't have silkie feathering.

Any ideas on a specific breed/mix? And how I can get more like him/her?
Thanks!

DId she have silver laced wyandotte? Looks like some of the feathers towards the back are similar to my SLW. Of course mine is not fizzle but it sure is cute

I agree it appears to have some silver lacing and is definitely Silkie mix. To get more like her.... hmmmm

The dark skin and 5 toes are both dominant traits. Be sure not to breed her to another frizzle, it will cause brittle feathers that won't maintain. She will make 50% frizzled babies. Breeding her back to another silkie mix will result in silkie mixes and some with silkied feathers or even frizzled silkied feathers. The silkie feathering is a recessive trait and both parent must have at least some silkie parentage. She's a striking bird!

Back
Top Bottom