Frizzle question..

I would have the store order some frizzles and some banty cochins then you would have smooth outcrosses for your frizzles. Most hatcheries sell frizzled cochins. or you can cross thenm to turkens and get this
38899_100_1771.jpg

Quote:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ADORABLE!!!!!!!

Sure, she's cute there. You didn't have to take her chicks away from her. Like a super-floofy velociraptor.

Quote:
WOW!! Good news, I already have a three bantam cochins, and I have ONE turken roo! Which brings me to another question. Our Turken is our only regular sized chicken. Will he be breeding the bantams? Do I need to separate or send him down the road too??? I hope not! Thank you everyone! This forum is fabulous!!

nah, he should be fine. The banty hens learn to lay flat fast.

Just keep an eye on them, & seperate if he is squoooshing the ladies.

If you order frizzle day olds or eggs, only about half will be frizzled unless one of the parents was a curley. People have different viewpoints on whether to keep frizzled birds together.

I got 2 frizzles from MPC and a Sizzle from Luann here on BYC but hers was an accident I think. I love them all and have started trying my hand at breeding more. I am getting some adorable chicks and am crossing with Silkies as well as bantam Cochins since I have lots of colors in bantam Cochins.

My Sizzle. I call her Elvis. Her hairdo just so reminds me of his!
9332_elvis_in_the_snow.jpg

And my two Frizzles from MPC...Lucy is red and always in trouble and the other black one hasn't a name. She hasn't much personality like Lucy does!

9332_lucy_n_friend_in_snow.jpg

9332_blk_frizzle_in_snow.jpg

Love them too!!! Wow, so cute! Here, I was second-guessing myself on whether I needed a few more, but I'm pretty sure I DO!
smile.png

I keep my Frizzles separated so I don't produce "curley" chickens. I had a curley once that I bought at an auction. During the summer, she would lose all of her feathers! She was a naked chicken except when the weather was cooler. She was one of the best broodies I ever had and hatched lots of chicks. I have my Frizzle girls in with a smooth boy and the Frizzle boy has smooth girls. They are all cochins and the sweetest birds ever!

Back
Top Bottom