frizzled serama rooster or d'Anvers rooster

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by key west chick, Oct 19, 2011.

1. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I just lost my little serama rooster Sam. Nesmee is lonely without him. Im looking for a friend for her. Would like a frizzled serama or a d'anvers, since come springtime I want to hatch some anyway. Just looking for pet quality, dont need show birds. Must be able to ship or pick up within an hour of Gainesville Ga.

2. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
  3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You know, I thought about selling Rusty, my Mille Fleur D'Anver rooster-he's a little snot, LOL, and I have one MF D'Anver already, plus two porcelain roosters and only three MF D'Anver pullets. However, I'm not sure about letting him go until I get some chicksters out of my bunch. They are not laying yet at 27 weeks, though. In the spring, you ought to drive up here (about 1 1/2 hrs from you) and get some chicks or eggs. I have porcelains in with Mille Fleur D'Anvers. [​IMG]

4. key west chick

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Cyn, youre such a tease! Rusty would have been perfect, Nesmee is a little bossy butt! Maybe I will come visit someday! HenThymes, I saw your auction. Hes very cute and its very tempting. Im still sitting on the fence with him.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have to tell you that Rusty is really like an overwound wind-up toy on steroids! He is a complete little snot with an attitude of Godzilla, but he doesn't realize he weighs less than 2 lb and hardly worth noticing. He's the quintessential "little big man". My friend who just visited called him the 1 lb menace, LOL. He is very handsome, though. His main fault would be his comb is too smooth for a perfect rose comb. He's in love with my 6 yr old RIR, Reba. She spins him around and throws him off. It's like a chicken carnival ride! [​IMG]

6. key west chick

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Those tiny chickens think the are invincible. Sam was the same way. He would flog my feet every time I went outside. I was always afraid I would step on him, he was always right underfoot. I have no idea what happened to him. I went to let him and Nes out of their little Serama condo and he was dead in the shavings, like he went to sleep and never woke up. Shes pouting and I feel so bad for her. I just lost my other Serama hen about 2 months ago from egg issues.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by