Frog food..... I'm outta it! Please Help!

Quote:
Exactly what I was looking for. I'll try this, and maybe some other stuff using this technique. I also appreciate the other comments! More welcomed!

Quote:
Yeaa..... um, "they" sorta are you know, gross..... and I have a hate of them, a very, very big hate.......
hit.gif

Not to critisize but hamburger is not a good choice for long term captivity of any meat eating animal. Frogs & meat eating lizards need a variety of "bugs" - your best bet would be to supply a variety of feeders - mealworms, superworms, roaches, earthworms, sowbugs. crickets & so on.... Since winter does not allow you to wild harvest perhaps setting up a few breeding colonies of roaches, crickets & mealworms will work for you. The initial expense is not that great & within a few months you would have a renewable food supply. Wild harvest of insects can also have risks due to pesticide use and parasite load.
All animals need a well balanced diet.... frogs & lizards (even common native species) can develop bone/muscle issues from unbalanced diets. Calcium:phosphorous imbalances are common in reptiles & herps... Even if you set up breeding colonies of feeders you need to do your research to insure that your feeders are fed a correct diet... your frog's health will be directly related to the health of his meals. Feeders feed a basic diet of cat food & veggies with calcium supplements works well for most species.
Again not to be critical.. but if you take the responsibility to cage another life form then please take the responsibility to learn how to provide for it properly.
If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me and I will happily supply you with contacts where you can order feeders & supplies if you do not have a local source.

Back
Top Bottom