From city to FARM...our story

Update on EE: Candled again tonight and there were no signs of life so we decided to open the egg to see what happened as we knew it probably had passed. The chick was almost done developing, but had already passed assuming the day of lock down :hmm it's ok though we have 3 healthy babies and more to come down the road I would love for some of my EE eggs to hatch. Have a good night all.

Ok well here I go again I am going to incubate for the 2nd time only because my 1st hatch gave me 3 chickies as beautiful as they are I still would like some from my EE eggs so I set 16 eggs lastnight. Remember with the first hatch I started with 11. This time I set with 9 EE, 2 BR, and 5 SS-which is where the grey chickie popped out of :idunno still pretty sure Fabio is the daddy to all. We will see wish me luck i need to post an updated pic of the 3 babies as well but for now heres my new batch.
20201110_211708.jpg

I like your story, it was fun to read. I was so happy when you got your first egg, and then I laughed when you found the secret laying spot. Congrats on your hatching chicks and good luck on your new hatch! Thank you for sharing :)

I like your story, it was fun to read. I was so happy when you got your first egg, and then I laughed when you found the secret laying spot. Congrats on your hatching chicks and good luck on your new hatch! Thank you for sharing :)
Thank you for reading it is definitely interesting day by day out here! My son is now checking the hiding spot daily and definitely still trying to convince me about his rooster giving "piggy back rides" (his words) to my hens but that little roo is to small and the bottom of the totem pole in the flocks eyes :rolleyes:

Has it really been this long since I updated my story...I am sorry BYC! Quick update we lost Irene to a predator we believe it was a fox :( her sister Dolores seems ok she looks kind of lonely at times but she's strong and has the rest of the flock for support and myself. I decided to do another hatch, I can see where this can get addicting. I have 3 currently that have hatched and waiting on the other 5. I finally was able to hatch some of my EE eggs.the previous hatch of 3 are doing great and beautiful. Here are tonight's hatch.
20201130_202623.jpg
20201130_173555.jpg

Has it really been this long since I updated my story...I am sorry BYC! Quick update we lost Irene to a predator we believe it was a fox :( her sister Dolores seems ok she looks kind of lonely at times but she's strong and has the rest of the flock for support and myself. I decided to do another hatch, I can see where this can get addicting. I have 3 currently that have hatched and waiting on the other 5. I finally was able to hatch some of my EE eggs.the previous hatch of 3 are doing great and beautiful. Here are tonight's hatch.
View attachment 2432081View attachment 2432082
So sorry for the loss of Irene, :hugs always devastating for you and the flock.

Congrats on the hatch, cute babies! :jumpy

Back
Top Bottom