From Famine To Feast

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by txhomegrown, Mar 2, 2011.

1. txhomegrown

txhomegrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2010
    Como, TX
    I got an incubator several days ago and set it up to make sure everything was stable. During this time, I have been trying to make up my mind as to where I should get eggs. I hear so much about eggs being damaged in the mail. I wanted to pick up eggs in person if I could. Today I fell into 2 great deals. Both from BYCers that live very close to me. One of them had sold me the chickens that I have right now. I went to visit today to ask if she knew anyone that would sell me some eggs to test the new bator. She said she would sell me a dozen, but most of them would be Yokahamas with a few brown egg layers. She let me have them for 10 bucks! When I got home, there was a PM here from the other lady that I had talked to about eggs, saying she had 2 dozen Easter Eggers if I wanted them. 27 bucks for them. All 36 are in the incubator right now. This has been a wonderful day. [​IMG]

I hope each of you have had one just as good.

2. Bribaby

Bribaby Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2011
    So Cal
    Hehe, my day's been ok too! finally got my bator stabalized, and got my eggs in the mail today... all 200 of them [​IMG] Will be putting them in tomorrow though... can't wait for babies!! [​IMG]

3. Rosalinda

Rosalinda Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2009
    San Antonio, Texas
    I also put in 30 eggs today. I can't wait to candle them to see how many are making progress... hopefully all! [​IMG]

4. txhomegrown

txhomegrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2010
    Como, TX
    I can already tell, this is going to be a long three weeks. [​IMG]

5. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Quote:[​IMG]

I wish I was that brave. My one and only shipped egg experience didn't end well. WIll have to try again though if I want that breed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by