From London to Chicken Land.......

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kestrelcliff, Sep 25, 2012.

1. kestrelcliff

kestrelcliff New Egg

Sep 24, 2012
    Hi to all from the UK,
    We are a couple from south west England who at one point in our crazy equine world adopted a whole range of roo's, hens and ducks. Apart from our busy life with a herd of sixteen (inc nine donkey's) we awoke one morning to find we were now the worried owners of a great number of chickens. We stood and scratched our heads for awhile and then thought "oh well, it can't be that hard to look after them". How wrong were we. After months and months of trial, error and building many a new run we are slowly learning and truely enjoying our boys and girls. We are still having some sleepless nights though. We have started breeding and now have a happy bunch of white sumatras who are heavily guarded : ) Recently while working at an agricultural show we entered one of our OEG birds on the off chance. We just thought he was a nice looking bird and didn't really have a clue but in for a penny etc. To our amazement he won best of class. That was that.....we are now hooked and our boy has his own golden perch.
    We are glad we joined and have already got some answers to many a question we have had during our journey.
    Great site.

2. chickenquail

chickenquail Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2012
    Australia
    OMG I love equine animals
    LOL horses just love them
    Sometimes i cry myself to sleep because i want one so bad.
    But the good thing is i have my 2 fav animal which is pretty much level with horses is my chickens.
    I'm so glad ur roo got 1 place

3. omaeve

omaeve Chillin' With My Peeps

WELCOME TO BYC THE LARGEST CHICKEN SITE IN USA. [​IMG] we talk a like on here some breeds like silkies talk so much if you go to bathroom you might be 4 or 5 pages behind lol ..go to https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/newestpost/709480 ( what breed do you have?) and list your breeds..be sure to post lots and lots of pictures for us to drool over..WE LIKE REALY LARGE PICTURES HERE so we can see every detail of your bird and like to have head shots too.If you have Cream Legbars ? We have just imported them from UK and are a crazy wonderful group on here and would love your input...again welcome to byc

4. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Hello and greetings from Kentucky!

[​IMG]

5. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Loved your intro lol and congrats on your win :thumbsup

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello, kestrelcliff, and [​IMG]! We are happy you joined us! Best of luck to you!

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad to have you aboard. :thumbsup

10. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by