From New Jersey:

DaraD

Hatching
7 Years
May 23, 2012
Succasunna, NJ
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes brand new and I did not get them yet although they are aon their way!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I will have 3 hens. My town only allows 3 backyrad chickens and no roosters.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I will have 1 Barred Plymouth Rock, 1 Buff orpington and 1 Light Brahma

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
A friend at work sent the link to me when we were talking chicken.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, reading, nature walks

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have 2 sons 13 and 14 years old. A loving husband. 3 cats, 2 dogs and a lizard.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Child and Family Therapist.
My long time dream is to have a farm with rescued animals and bring in at risk children to work and learn on the farm. I believe in the animal human connection and how therapuetic it is.

Hello and welcome to BYC! Tell us a bit more about yourself.
smile.png

Welcome to BYC! Soooo many questions...well here it goes:

Yes brand new and I got my first 8 chicks May 16th and 17th from two local farms

I have 8 chicks ranging in age from 1 1/2 to 4 wks of age (hopefully all girls)

I have 3 Easter Eggers of various colors (grey speckled, brown speckled and one darker brown), 1 Java, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Golden Comet, 1 Bantam mix and 1 Dark Brahma

Online search for information on raising chickens.

gardening, reading, nature walks, crafting, puzzles

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have one very understanding husband, a son (14), a daughter (12), three rescue dogs (16, 14 and 6) and one hamster

I also share your dream, maybe we were separated at birth: "My long time dream is to have a farm with rescued animals and bring in at risk children to work and learn on the farm. I believe in the animal human connection and how therapuetic it is."

Maybe deprecated at birth but not too far from each other now!
I am in north Morris Co and Hinterdon is just west of here.
My chicks should get here soon all girls and will be 3 days old

Welcome to Backyard Chickens, Dara D!...
I am also rather new to chicken raising. I brought home 7 one-day old chicks 9 weeks ago.

I still have 7. Unfortunately three of my original were roosters. I traded them with a local farmer for three pullets last week.

I will have 3 Barred Plymouth Rocks, 3 Rhode Island Reds, and 1 Easter Egger.

Found it while searching the internet.

Winemaking, gardening, cooking. I believe the importance of learning something new everyday, and hopefully will be for the rest of my life.

I have 3 teen-aged daughters. am married to an amazing/crazy fun man, presently have 3 rescue cats, 3 rescue dogs, parrot, and breed koi.
At the moment, I am a teachers assistant at a private school for children with special needs, and also help run a continuing education program for adults. I rescue and rehabilitate dogs..
I also strongly believe in the animal/human connection, and have seen it work - (particularly with children).

Welcome...I know you will love the experience of chicken raising as much as I do!

Back
Top Bottom