From september's hatch

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by flyfishinguy, Oct 1, 2010.

1. flyfishinguy

flyfishinguy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2010
    Broken Arrow Oklahoma
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is 17 mixed guinea's..........Start date was august 28th Hatched on september 23rd and 24th. This is my first time at rasing guineas.......I plan to keep them in the brooder another 4 to 5 weeks then will acclimate them with the chickens ....................Looking forward to adding them to my barnyard

2. cracking up

cracking up Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    So Cal
    They really are cute and look nice and healthy! Do you know what color the one in front is? I don't think I've seen one like that before.

3. flyfishinguy

flyfishinguy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2010
    Broken Arrow Oklahoma
    ya know........ Im not sure.............The lady I got the eggs from said they where mixed guinea's so it will be interesting to see the adult color......

4. cracking up

cracking up Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    So Cal
    I'd love to see what they turn out like. It's a beautiful color.

5. chiknranchr

chiknranchr Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2010
    Il
    Hey flyfishingguy,your guineas look great.I just had a batch of guineas hatch myself and am a little dissapointed because I had one guinea pip ,completely developed ,:(looked perfectly well (I opened the egg myself),but was not able to break the shell and died inside the shell.Another two hatched with twisted toes ,and cannot walk on their own,I cannot figure out what happenned ,4 of the seven came out perfectly well and on time,has this ever happened to you?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by