From Stephen King to Natchez.....

"Why doesn't some rich person buy it and finish it?"

Hm....I think I asked the exact same question while I was touring Longwood, and they LAUGHED at me. I think something was muttered along the lines of "if they finish it, then it won't hold nearly as much fascination." I guess I see the point there.

Dunleith in Natchez is beautiful, as well. The carriage service I work for in Natchitoches has a branch in Natchez, as well, and they are always doing weddings there with the horse-drawn wedding carriage.

Quote:
I lived in Vidalia, LA (right across the river from Natchez) for a while. 1991-1997 or therabouts. Natchez is SERIOUS about its old houses. You don't fool around with them--seriously.

Since the loss of the tire plant and the paper mill, tourism is really the only industry they have. Though I know they are having a prison built there which will create some jobs. But they guard the integrity of their historical buildings like fort knox!

When my older son was 4, I went on a field trip with is Pre-K class to Longwood. it really is fascinating. But there are at least dozens of other of those homes in the area. I toured a few of them. Each one has something that makes in unique. i guess the appeal of Longwood is that it is unfinished.

Shout out to Alexandria/Pineville. My husband has a good friend who lives there. I think I have only been there once. I went to see the Passion Play done by that Pentacostal church every year. Do they still do that? I went some time in the mid nineties and they had a laser light show and everything. It was nice.

Cassandra

Passion Play or The Messiah? The Messiah they don't do anymore, '04 was the last year they did it. I'm gonna miss it, I loved it...

I actually used to go to that church, now I go to Bentley UPC.

Quote:
FINALLY!!! A neighbor!! It was actually a lady there in Ball who got me interested in chickens! My grandfather was wanting some peacocks to "look at", and a really great friend of mine (she lives in Bentley) had a friend who's mom raised them.

I went out to see the peacocks, and she had a bunch of chickens running around with them. Me, of course, I was afraid of them, but she picked up a silkie and showed me, and that was a wrap!!! So here I am, on the chicken forum, with all you fine people!!!

Bentley? My gosh. I go to church in Bentley. I'm actually less than five minutes outside the "Creola" village line, on Shreveport Highway. I'm so happy now I just did a little squealing thing. There're alot of people from Louisiana here, just no one so close. I'm eggcited.
big_smile.png

Oh, me too, me too! My hubby looked at me like "what's YOUR problem?". I told him I was excited I found a "board buddy".

I'm sure you know the lady we got the peacocks from...she lives right off of that highway, I can't remember the name of the road you turn down, but it's actually right past Ball. Unfortunately, I don't know her last name, all I know is "Ms. Lisa". I was so terrified when the chickens would make their way towards me...now, less than 3 months later, I go sit outside and let them just surround me!

Two of my kiddos go to school at Tioga High, actually. I got my first tattoo many, many years ago right there in Tioga, at the Blue Moon....also, fixing to start working at Pinecrest!

I actually don't live IN town, I live out at Rapides Station.

Wow, from "IT" being on a $5 bill to Tioga...topics do change, but it's always so much fun!

Last edited:
I'm also about six minutes from Tioga high! Awesome! Hmm, if I knew her last name I could probably tell you if I know her or not. Does she live on Ball Cutoff road? That's the only thing I can think of. Oh, so you're out closer towards Flatwoods?

Back
Top Bottom