From the swealtering Central Texas...

Cristie

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 6, 2010
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? YES! Kind of...I had chickens when I was little but don't remember much about how it got started. We haven't started our little flock yet, which is one of the reasons I'm here.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Big Fat ZERO....hoping to change that in the very near future

(3) What breeds do you have? NA

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? By accident when I was searching for information on raising chickens in my area

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Read, work, read, work and chase a 20 month old.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We have a beautiful little girl, live out in the hot central Texas country, have one little dog named Nubby (our only son
smile.png
). I recently started my little adventure into feeding my family healthier natural/organic foods...not always organic, but HEY, I'm trying
wink.png
I guess my short term goal is to get away from eating so many processed foods and cooking up fresh dinners instead, along with trying to reduce that carbon footprint that i hear so much about. My next big step on this journey is to start raising my own chickens so we, our friends, and our family can enjoy the best eggs
smile.png

Hello to you...we are in West Texas and trying to survive the heat, well...we humans are doing okay....the chickens are having a bit of trouble. Congradulations on your venture to feed your family better.........its the best adventure we have ever been on.

Back
Top Bottom