From the Western Slope of Colorado...

ChicHerder

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2023
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We've had chickens off & on for about 17 yrs. This has been the longest stretch of 7 yrs though.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have about 29 chickens and one very ornery turkey!

(3) What breeds do you have?
We have Buff Orps, Cornish, Welsummers, Ginger Browns, Leghorns, Production Blues and Barred Blue Rock.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Their funny antics! There's nothing like a running, flapping chicken!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love my horses! I have a quarterhorse and a foxtrotter. I've really enjoyed learning to garden too. This is my 2nd year and building the raised boxes were challenging to me.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband and I have 2 boys. One is grown and the other turned 17 in June. We homeschooled both boys and have absolutely zero regrets about that. We have a small, 4ac homestead and where we raise goats, pigs and, of course, chickens!
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found BYC while researching my new chicken breeds and I loved reading the wonderful advice people were sharing with one another. I'm so glad I did too. I'm grateful for a place to learn about my fun, feathered friends!

Back
Top Bottom