Frost Bite

Aftersixpence

In the Brooder
Feb 11, 2021
We live in NH and we just had that crazy cold weather. One of our Legbar's comb has quite bad frostbite, and a Speckled Sussex and Orpington have light frostbite. The combs have thawed but the temps are due to drop again to around -9 - should I bring the injured girls inside the garage? The coop is dry, bedding is fresh and good, and I think the ventilation is good - this is our 1st winter here, and our first severe winter with chickens. Should I take the Legbar to the vet? Any and all advice would be so helpful.

We live in NH and we just had that crazy cold weather. One of our Legbar's comb has quite bad frostbite, and a Speckled Sussex and Orpington have light frostbite. The combs have thawed but the temps are due to drop again to around -9 - should I bring the injured girls inside the garage? The coop is dry, bedding is fresh and good, and I think the ventilation is good - this is our 1st winter here, and our first severe winter with chickens. Should I take the Legbar to the vet? Any and all advice would be so helpful.
I think the Legbar would be fine, but you should take her in, just in case.

Back
Top Bottom