Frozen eggs

If the shells are cracked, usually just cook them up and feed them back to the chickens or to the dogs. If the shells are still intact will use them ourselves if running short, they taste fine scrambled and in heavy recipes like brownies to me.

You can put them in the fridge and they should thaw out and you can eat them but if the shell is cracked you should pitch it.

As long as I cook them up (usually just throw shells and all in a frying pan and mash them up) I will feed the cracked/leaking back to the chickens or the dogs, no need to toss them, they both appreciate cooked eggs. With people eating them here, I never really noticed a difference in scrambled eggs, or anything cooked like that, especially if there is much in the way of spices in it... but we are not that fussy...

As long as I cook them up (usually just throw shells and all in a frying pan and mash them up) I will feed the cracked/leaking back to the chickens or the dogs, no need to toss them, they both appreciate cooked eggs. With people eating them here, I never really noticed a difference in scrambled eggs, or anything cooked like that, especially if there is much in the way of spices in it... but we are not that fussy...
I just meant don't eat them yourself.

How long does it take the eggs to freeze? It's a weird question but in the winter would checking twice a day be enough? Do they freeze when water freezes or a lower tempurator? I havent ever had a frozen egg but it would be nice to know since it will be in the single digits soon!

How long does it take the eggs to freeze? It's a weird question but in the winter would checking twice a day be enough? Do they freeze when water freezes or a lower tempurator? I havent ever had a frozen egg but it would be nice to know since it will be in the single digits soon!
I'm not sure about that.I had a egg freeze and it had to be over night.Most of my chickens lay in the morning but I just leave them in the nesting most of the time and it was 5 out today but I usually just bring them inside when I get them.I think maybe 3 times a day would be better.

Last edited:
I check twice a day and have only had one, it was a duck egg. I think my hens kicked her out of her favorite box because I found it on the floor... But I hate pitching them that's why I asked
1f600.png

Back
Top Bottom