Frozen Oyster Shells

I keep my Oyster Shells in a 40 oz pail with 3/32" holes drilled in the bottom to drain moisture.
20201031_055028_resized.jpg

The pail is hung under my raised coops. GC

It really depends on how you're keeping them. I keep them in a dry container and then keep them inside the coop away from anywhere that may get wet and don't have an issue. If they're getting wet you need to move them to a dry place. If they're already in a "dry" place you may need to add more ventilation to your coop

It really depends on how you're keeping them. I keep them in a dry container and then keep them inside the coop away from anywhere that may get wet and don't have an issue. If they're getting wet you need to move them to a dry place. If they're already in a "dry" place you may need to add more ventilation to your coop

This is what I was thinking. In order to freeze, they must be wet.

I don’t keep them inside their coop I keep them outside next to their water bowls. My ducks don’t get food at night, are OS needed 24/7 because I take them away after they are locked up.

That's probably your issue. They are getting wet from the water being so close. I'd put them in the coop somewhere if you can.

Back
Top Bottom