FRUSTRATED! Circular saw question

Don't forget hand tools. I quite frequently use our bow saw for topping posts to height, and hand saws for cutting 2-by lumber and crosswise cuts on plywood, simply because it's SO much faster to set up. The trick is to pick the right hand saw for the job.

The only thing that is a giant nuisance to do by hand, even with the right saw, is lengthwise cuts on full sheets of plywood. However if you get yer plywood at Home Depot or somewhere like that, they will do a cut or two for free...
wink.png

Not that I'm against power tools - they're great if you have a LOT to do at once, and the cordless drill is a wonderful thing -- but remember they're not the only alternative and not even always the best
wink.png

Good luck,

Pat

In the back of my 6 wheeler argo (I use it for all my construction sits an old generator, this powers all my saws, my drills are makita 14.4 cordless and the generator allows for charging away from mains power. Sorry if this pffends anyone but the big industrial grade items are certainly not for average do-it yourself type people, I cac achieve more with the short body and light weight of the makita than I can with the bulky heavy items. The charge time is around 15 minutes and they all come wit 2 spare batteries. I also have a 12 v dewalt that weighs about the same as the makita's and a couple of 14.4 dewalts drills for driving screws but if I want a heavy duty tool, I use proper voltage, 220 ideally (my generator is brought from the UK so it's 240 volt with the option for 110) I have had it since 96 ( start of a new race car series that needed lights at night so I invested in the generator then). You need to weigh up the pro's of cordless against poor battery performance and cheaper tools. i'll take the extra juice everytime as long as I don't have to hold it in the form of a huge battery.

Back
Top Bottom