Full khaki or is a mixed?

4littleducklings

Chirping
May 5, 2020
SW Wisconsin
I was told when I posted a couple months ago that this duck was a Cayuga but she looks more like a khaki. I didn’t know if she was mixed with something? I just love her color. She’s a little over 2 months old.
66A870F5-4260-4181-9C7E-2AE8F7763E05.jpeg

Cayuga drake x campbell duck = all black ducklings
Campbell drake x cayuga duck = chocolate female ducklings, black male ducklings

Your duck is not solid black or solid chocolate, therefore, cannot be a cross between pure-bred parents of those breeds. It could have a solid black duck as a parent, but that duck would have to be some sort of cross.

Do you know what color of egg it came out of? If it came out of a black/gray egg then its mother was probably half cayuga and looked like a cayuga.

Your duck is not solid black or solid chocolate, therefore, cannot be a cross between pure-bred parents of those breeds. It could have a solid black duck as a parent, but that duck would have to be some sort of cross.

Do you know what color of egg it came out of? If it came out of a black/gray egg then its mother was probably half cayuga and looked like a cayuga.
It came out of a white egg. All 4 of my ducks did. 3 are rouens and then this was the odd one out. I know the girl had Pekins, Rouens and a khaki duck.

This is the duck as a duckling

Attachments

• 85EEC348-09F9-47BD-B053-AD2DECDD3172.jpeg
    85EEC348-09F9-47BD-B053-AD2DECDD3172.jpeg
    392.7 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom