Full Moon Egg Setting Who wants to join?

mstricer

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Ohio
On November 10th at 3:18PM the Moon will be full and according to the Old Farmers Almanac, the 10th through the 12th are the best days to set eggs for November. Now I just happen to be getting my Silkie eggs from CJ's Exotics on Wednesday and my D'Uccle is laying eggs, So I will be setting both at this time. Unfortunately I will be at work at 3:18 pm so will have to do it at 4:18PM. Does anyone want to join me. I know there are a few D'Uccle and Silkie peeps out there, lets plan a hatching party. Also will be trying to obtain some Marans eggs at Ohio Nationals to set on the evening of the 12th.
jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Michele

I reeally hope I get my eggs on time to set them on time! Especially after what's looking like a failed hatch.
sad.png

Are there 'best' times on the 11th or 12th to set them?

Thanks for the links!

The eggs are supposed to ship this week. If there're here, I'm totally in.

celebrate.gif
The more the merrier. I only have one D'Uccle hen and I think she is beautiful. She has 3 boyfriends, and possibly a 4th, that keeps sneaking over to her house to sleep.
lau.gif

The Silkie eggs were shipped today, from PA and should be here tomorrow or Wednesday. 6 D'Uccle eggs some are getting a little too old to set on the 10 th but what the hey, I'm going to set all her eggs to see how long they are good for. First one I collected was on the 28th of October (I got 2 robin eggs from her won't set those) What eggs did you buy?
Michele

Well, I just set 48 eggs including polish, buckeyes, lavender orpingtons, silver Sussex and light Sussex. But I can set more on the 10th:)

Quote:
Good luck with your D'Uccle eggs!

I'm hoping to get some gold Lakenvelders. Just 6 eggs though, and it's a gamble with shipped eggs.
fl.gif

Ahhh to late to order anything and the only bird laying, sort of is my moulting EE. Wonder if she'll give me a coupleof eggs by then. Otherwise I have to wait till everyone has finished their moult and rested, so I can add lights.

hmmm want can I find. I need to go check the quail pens!

Quote:
Good luck with your D'Uccle eggs!

I'm hoping to get some gold Lakenvelders. Just 6 eggs though, and it's a gamble with shipped eggs.
fl.gif

Oh how I know. I set 10 Black and Blue Mottled and got 2 chicks. I'm happy though. I like it when I only get a couple. Its my evil plan to be able to hatch all winter.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom