1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Full size cochins...what should I pay??

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by chicks4kids, Nov 27, 2009.

1. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    There is a lady near me who has to downsize her flock. Earlier this week I picked up a Royal Palm turkey hen and 2 easter eggers from her. All of them are healthy and very social. She has full sized cochins that I'm also interested in. She has 2 of the gray hens, 1 black hen. and 2 of the "splash" that she believes are roos. I wasn't really interested in the roos but again, she's not sure. But I'll take them anyway. She would like $8 each. Does that seem like a good deal?? Thanks.

2. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Depends on the quality, but I paid $20 each for Breeding Quality Birds so yes $8 is a good deal

3. JewellFarm

JewellFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    $8.00 is definitely a good deal. If they were mine I would charge more than that, so I say snap em up if they are healthy and well taken care of.

4. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    I agree. I think $8 is a really good deal. I say jump on the offer.

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    If I lived closer you wouldnt have to pay 8$ apiece for them I would have snatched them at that price from underneath you!! lol..its a good deal get them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by