Fun dream project: How would you do an "incubation room/hatching room" ?

Isn’t the incubators at big hatcheries pretty much the size of a small room? And there are certainly walk in coolers and freezers, so why not the opposite?

You could have a table and chair and some tropical plants in there, and a little fountain or water feature to help keep up humidity :D And maybe decorative bowl “nests” you could tilt fir the eggs!

Oohhh are they? To be honest, I've never looked into how big hatcheries are run--I'll take a look! :D

That sounds absolutely lovely! I didn't even think of a water feature being used for humidity, what a great idea! 😲

I know this is a forum for coop design, but it seemed like the closest topic I could get for this question. 😊

I had this crazy idea/dream that years down the line, when I've got the money and know-how to do so.. I would LOVE one big temperature-controlled room just for incubating and hatching eggs. Like a cool old victorian greenhouse/sunroom... but just for eggs! It'd be totally crazy to try and keep temperature and humidity even in something like that, but where there's a will there's a way, right?

So I thought I'd ask on here; if you were to undertake a project like that, what are some ideas you'd have for it? Are there any other crazy home/homestead projects you'd love to try?
Love the idea of a room!!!
Looked into it. But we'll beyond what we are currently able to do.
Seen some great stuff out there
I know this is a forum for coop design, but it seemed like the closest topic I could get for this question. 😊

I had this crazy idea/dream that years down the line, when I've got the money and know-how to do so.. I would LOVE one big temperature-controlled room just for incubating and hatching eggs. Like a cool old victorian greenhouse/sunroom... but just for eggs! It'd be totally crazy to try and keep temperature and humidity even in something like that, but where there's a will there's a way, right?

So I thought I'd ask on here; if you were to undertake a project like that, what are some ideas you'd have for it? Are there any other crazy home/homestead projects you'd love to try?
Might be super tough in a greenhouse. Most are at least metal sheds lined with Styrofoam. The temperature has to be set, can't fluctuate like a greenhouse house. Think more like refrigerator that keeps a constant temp, very insulated. Or your oven, very insulated.
Super cool. Good luck!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210330-001150_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210330-001150_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom