Fun in the Chicken yard

jackiedon

Songster
12 Years
Jun 4, 2007
Central Arkansas
I went out this morning to let my polish chickens out to free range when I decided I would let DH's chickens out of their pens. One pen he has 2 white leghorn hens and 1 rooster and the other pen has 2 bantams. Of course he has keep the hens penned up and they didn't know what to do. The bantams immediately came out but the leghorns was relucant. The leghorn roo was happy to get out but the 2 leghorn roos that normal run free range all the time was not too happy for him to be out. They kept fighting him until the goats came in break it up. The goats kept chasing the 2 roos to keep them away from the one. Finally the one decided to run with the polish on the other side of the field.

The 2 roos have now started following the bantams around and moving them back closer in if they get too far away.

It's so fun to watch them. I just had to share.

jackie

When supper is over in the evening my DH and I go out to sit beside the chicken run and watch the fun! I heard my DH mumble to himself, "well what do you do for fun? Oh, we go sit and watch the chickens!"
gig.gif
He agrees with me that they are very relaxing no matter what kind of day he has had. Always some drama going on in there.

Back
Top Bottom