Fundraising ideas for a rescue

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by silkielover5, Nov 4, 2011.

1. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    so i want to put on a fundraiser for a rescue we foster for. we adopted my dog reese from them after the rescue saved him from another shelter that was going to put him down because he needed emergency eye surgery that they didnt want to pay for he was only 5 months old. and we also adopted another dog from them recentaly that they drove out of state to pick her up from a puppy mill. i love the lady that runs the rescue. she doent turn down any dog, and because of that they have a HUGE vet bill they have to pay. i want to keep this rescue going because they save so many dogs from abuse and yes other shelters, and they never give up on a dog with temperment issues. im looking for some great ideas to raise money for this rescue. i was thinking maybe a craft sale in the spring with chicken poop bingo [​IMG] i love the idea of chicken poop bingo!!!

2. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Check online for a fund-raising type professional photographer around your area. We have used one out of NC. They will do people, pets, etc. It's a $10 sitting fee with a free 8 x 10. You keep the $10 and they make their money selling the packages. The company we used will let you pick any day of the week, including Sunday, they bring all the props and back drops. Then two weeks later you get to view the pics and buy what you want. The "free" 8 x 10 is picked by the customer NOT by the company, which I thought was great.

It's amazing how many people want to have their pets done by a professional photographer.

Here is one I had taken with Gracie and me.

[​IMG]

My friend Nellie, Charlotte the alligator and me.

[​IMG]

3. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    The best fundraisers are a win/win... Pop can drive where you pick up cans or set up a trailer...another is metal removal.. another is X-mas trees... Those require a 501c3 to get access but advertise on CL for some and you may get lucky. Just asking for a handout these days is a tough sell... Do something that is already on someone else's program... Make someone else's life easier and then you will reap the reward... raking lawns etc... dishwashing, dogwalking. Carwash, though this time of year you might do better with detailing. (vacuuming and cleaning out).... I always pay the kids to clean out my car.. As us adults age we are less limber and clamboring around inside of a car cleaning it is worth a few bucks. Good luck... prayer is always a good start...

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:car washing is huge in my area for fundraising! Im am in deep with fund raising right now for my DD's french club. They are going to France in the Summer and its going to cost me 4000$+ for her to go...Only if I sat on my butt and did nothing..So right now I have set up MANY fundraisers!

Carwash
    pie sales-10$ a pie-do it days before T day!!! HUGE SELLERS
    candy bar sales
    yankee candle sales
    little ceasers pizza sales
    discount cards..( you gets tons of local businesses to donate something-like a free cup of coffe with your breakfast-or free soda with your lunch ..etc..something that can be used over and over for 1 year.) we sell them for 20$ each and have around 60 businesses that donate something. Folks can save 100's of dollars in that year just by spending 20$ for the card that has your name imprinted on it ( so they dont pass it around to their friends and rip business off-small town we know whos who for the most part)
    garage sales from ultiple families or advertise drop off for thingd tht are in good shape but not used anymore....You can get ALOT of free greaat stuff to have a garage sale..

good luck!

5. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Krispy Kreme donuts...everyone loves those!

6. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Is the vet working with you towards the bills? Maybe a little something he/she needs to lower those expenses?
    Cage cleaning, poop removal, supply donations, towels and the like...

7. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    What about a bake sale with cakes/cupcakes decorated with bones or pawprints (animal theme)?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by