Funky 16 - Progressing Post

Pics
What a cutie! :love

Aww, a hobo? šŸ¤£ She's a fairly attractive bird, bit too much crest for my tastes but interesting to look at nonetheless.

Pretty good looking bunch! How is Uno getting along with her scissor beak? Eating okay on her own, or are you helping her out?
Yeah, Chunk just started making the ā€œegg songā€ so I guess sheā€™s close to laying. Sheā€™s about 18 weeks old now. Anyways, yeah, Cookie looks like a hobo at certain angles. Her beard & crazy crest is what sells the hobo look, lol.

As for Uno, I donā€™t have to do anything with her. She gets along just fine from what Iā€™ve seen. Sheā€™s able to grab at the crumbles and I think she might scoop the water. I sometimes check her crop and itā€™s usually full, so sheā€™s definitely managing. Though, she stands on top of the food bowl

Yeah, Chunk just started making the ā€œegg songā€ so I guess sheā€™s close to laying. Sheā€™s about 18 weeks old now. Anyways, yeah, Cookie looks like a hobo at certain angles. Her beard & crazy crest is what sells the hobo look, lol.

Maybe! Sometimes they're just mouthy like that. Her comb doesn't seem developed enough for point of lay, but those combs can grow in so fast!

And yeah, I think I see what you mean on Cookie, haha! šŸ¤£ She needs a little chicken-sized bindle to complete the look.

As for Uno, I donā€™t have to do anything with her. She gets along just fine from what Iā€™ve seen. Sheā€™s able to grab at the crumbles and I think she might scoop the water. I sometimes check her crop and itā€™s usually full, so sheā€™s definitely managing. Though, she stands on top of the food bowl

That's good! Sometimes they require a lot of hands-on care when they have funky beaks like that, so I'm glad she's able to get along fine on her own! I had a Sebright whose previous owner really badly debeaked her and she was similar as far as scooping things up and standing in the feed to eat. I just made sure to keep the feed extra deep so she could eat easily and she did just fine all her years here. šŸ˜Š

Back
Top Bottom