Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

I work in the city. When I mentioned that I had chickens and that we had them for the eggs, this woman wrinkled up her nose and said, "Why in the world would you want to EAT an egg that came right from the chicken?!?!"
lol.png
Where did she think eggs came from?

I get this one a lot too: "Aren't you eating their babies?" I try to explain that there are no baby chicks inside. And when I say that I don't have a rooster so I can't have chicks, then they want to know why my hens lay eggs when there is no rooster.
lol.png

Quote:
It is too bad you didn't ask the woman just where she thought eggs came from. Then you could have told us. I, for one, would really like to know. I'll bet a lot of others would like to know, too.

this isn't exactly related, but it was pretty funny. on the way to a 4-h meeting earlier today, we were coming up a hill when we saw a couple police cars parked on the side of the road. we joked a bit about the cops crashing our meeting. when we crested the hilland looked into the yard, we saw a very strange scene. two policemen and a young man and women were standing around and looking down at a large, black, potbellies pig that was staring around looking dumbfounded. as i said, it was very strange. we still aren't sure why exactly that was happening, but is was funny all the same.

This isn't anything anyone said to me but something I observed. There was some animated movie on the TV a few nights ago. I don't know what it was called. Back to the Barnyard or something. Anyway, one of the main characters was a bull. With a full udder. Yes it was definitely an udder, four teats and all. I couldn't believe it at first. Just when I thought I had seen everything. This was even worse than the segment of The Incredible Hulk I saw some years ago when the sound man used a tape of a very vocal pig for a bucking Brahma bull. I have heard bulls make a variety of sounds, but I have never heard one oink.

My DH is a very smart man but definitely a city boy. With that in mind:

DH, to the kids: "Look! Some mallard ducks! Oh, and they have some babies!" [in November]
Me, walking up from behind them: "Babies?"
DH: "They're a lot smaller!"
Me, reaching the rest of the family and seeing the ducks: "...they're farther away."

Back
Top Bottom