Funny Broody

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Land of Lost Toys, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Land of Lost Toys

Land of Lost Toys Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2009
    Ohio
    My first broody was sitting for the past week and a half before I gave her some fertile eggs on Monday. She's the perfect broody...MEAN...attacks me and anything else who tries to bother her or the eggs and hopefully she stays that way and becomes a good mamma. Prior to giving her the eggs, she would not leave the nest at all...for nothing. But since I gave her the eggs, she's decided that at 11am she needs a break. What's hilarious [​IMG] about this is when it's time, she comes out of the coop quick, starts talking like crazy, running the fence and trying to squeeze herself through the fence...or at least pushing on the door so it may open. Once I open it, she runs [​IMG] as fast as her little feet will go about 100 feet to her "spot"....yelling all the way....to dust bath, eat something then comes back about 20 minutes later. She's such a [​IMG] to watch.

2. SweetMotherOfMars

SweetMotherOfMars Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    The Palouse
    [​IMG] Thanks for the imagery!
    "Break Time!" [​IMG]
    Dustbath [​IMG]
    Back to the grind. [​IMG]

3. slightlyscrambled

slightlyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Nebraska
    I have one similar to yours she gets up when I open the coop for the day, will make two circles around the inside of the coop screeching the whole time, then out the door to her dust bath spot, then quick back in to eat and drink and back on the nest. And your right, about 20 mins. She is sitting on six duck eggs due this Sat.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by