Funny Egg Song Story!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by nuttyredhead, Aug 21, 2010.

1. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    So we had our first egg thursday from one of our 11 girls. So today we are eating lunch and my 6 year old finished and went to ride her bike. Comes back and keeps talking about the noise Scooby Roo is making, says he sounds funny. Says he just doesnt sound right. So i walk down and go look in the coop, there in the nest is my second egg, still warm! So now i wonder was it Scooby trying to tell me about the egg or was it my girls egg song I keep hearing about!!!!

And on a side note, the "$5,000 " egg I had this morning was DELICIOUS!!!! (that is what my husband calls it, he built a shed/coop combo). [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  2. buildingmyark

buildingmyark Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Louisiana
    Our girls definitely belch out the "egg song"! Post a pic of Scooby Roo and maybe some of the experts on here could help you solve this mystery!

3. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Mine sing the "egg noise"!!! [​IMG]
    The good news is that your second egg will be only a $2500.00 egg! [​IMG]
    Enjoy!!!

4. dragonlair

dragonlair Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    Maine
    My hens all seem to add a chorus when the laying hen sings her song. The layer sings and the others answer her! It's the fuinniest thing to lay in bed and listen to them sing. The coop is just beneath my bedroom window and where I work evenings, I don't get up until 0830, so I get to lay awake and listen to them each morning. The 2 roos add their little chorus too. Rod the cockeral is learning to crow, so he sounds sort of funny. Dusty the Dustmop crows "Get me outta here" over and over, so it's quite the way to start the morning. You can also add the dogs howlings and the goats blatting to the music of my farm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by