Funny egg. Veins??

Hollymay

Chirping
Feb 10, 2020
Hi all! Found one of my chook eggs looking a lil weird. Almost like veins or broken capillaries? Very strange. I have one chook who struggles with getting egg bound fairly often, could this be one of hers? Or is there something else I should be looking out for? Love my girls so much I just want to be sure! (Also can this egg be eaten?). Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_4800.jpeg
    IMG_4800.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4795.jpeg
    IMG_4795.jpeg
    713.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4378.jpeg
    IMG_4378.jpeg
    513.3 KB · Views: 15
I have never encountered a shell as such. It may be a slight abnormality in the shell production,,, when the ink is applied. :gig
If you crack the egg, and it looks fine,,,,, then just eat as the rest. I would.:frow

If you are skeptical about eating it,,,,,, then cook it up, and feed back to your flock.
I eat my chickens' eggs. Occasionally I do run across a hidden nest with eggs in it. They are not fertile, since I keep hens only.. A chicken went broody and trying to raise her own family. :love..
I take all of those eggs, and boil/cook them. I then feed the eggs back to the flock. Shell and egg contents just smashed when I step on them. It is like a recycling program. I don't want to eat questionable eggs that I have no idea how long they have been hiding there.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

Looks like a bunch of fluff stuck to it.
Have you tried washing it off?
What does the inside of egg and shell look like?
That’s what I thought but it’s not fluff, it’s the egg itself. Haven’t cracked it yet but will do so today and let you know! :))

Back
Top Bottom