Funny question....I thought anyways!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabianequine, Jan 12, 2011.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Do race care drivers and marathon runners pee their pants when doing these sports? I heard they did and I thought it was hilarious. I was told they wear diapers or a pad. Now I wonder what other sports or jobs require you to pee your pants. I guess if you win that much money it might be worth it [​IMG]

eta: fix spelling

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  2. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Elite marathoners run too fast to need to stop, slower marathoners use the porta potties along the way. At least that's what the runners I know do. I did one marathon, very, very slowly, and I visited lots of little cubbies.

Elite marathoners finish in under 2 1/2 hours. Most people can hold it that long.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  3. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    Usually that level of physical exercise dehydrates the body. So the kidneys don't work all that hard to remove water from the body. When I do a long ride of 40+ miles I take a lot of water and rarely have to make a pit stop. When I do what comes out is very concentrated due to internal dehydration.

4. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I thought they should be able to hold it but I could see this happening if its a race. I did not believe it to be so though....still hard to believe it could be true. I guess that saying comes into play here, you do what you got to do.

5. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    odd question for sure.

Former 1/8 mile drag racer here...six second races.
    We tried to hold it that long.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I always wondered about that being on the road for that long, particuarly on a hot racetrack and they are drinking like crazy. OMG! The thought of that would make my bladder burst!

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I know astronauts do......you sure dont want pee all over the walls and into things.

8. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    NASCAR drivers have a condom like device with a tube on it. It drains into a reservoir with a pump like what you use to wash your windshield. When someone tries to pass you squirt them with it.

Actually the tube thing is true. Motorcycle riders use them too. The tube goes down their leg and exits at their boot. When you're over 50 all that shaking loosens up the bladder. I don't know what women drivers do.

Anyone see the episode of Sienfeld where Kramer is watching the New York marathon and a runner grabs a cup of hot coffee out of Kramers hand thinking it's cold water and throws it in his face?

9. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

You mean it's not just for fun? [​IMG]

I've heard about the condum catheter thing too.

Imp-What about deep sea divers? Could you drown in your bell helmet?

10. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

ummm, I'm an auctioneer and sometime will go 6 + hours on the block without a break.
    You just learn over the years to hold it. [​IMG]

It ain't fun..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by