Funny story on hatching in the turner

BamaChicken

Orpingtons Bama Style
12 Years
Nov 14, 2007
I left town Fri afternoon and had gone through about 3 doz eggs I had a group of silkie hens setting on cause they the hens were going to their new home. I had about 1 1/2 doz that were developing. I put them in the hovabator out in the storage/workhouuse were I keep the brooder boxes added water and turned the thing on. I had to leave that afternoon so when I talked with my DH Sat morning he said I had chicks hatched. Late that evening he said more were hatched. I told him he might need to turn the turner off till I got home Sunday afternoon. He said no they thought it was a roller coaster.
I got home to five chicks hatched. They were sitting on the turner and some to the side all doing well. I added some more water after getting out and left the others still turning as they are in various stages of incubation

That is cute. It does look like it would be a fun ride.
lol.png
I guess your eggs were ready to hatch right away!

Some any way. I took the hens off the nest and they were layed at different days so I figured I might as well give them a chance as they are out of show birds and someone might need a pretty blue or splash

Back
Top Bottom