Funny Sunny

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chick chatter, Mar 13, 2011.

1. chick chatter

chick chatter Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2010
    I have this cute buff cochin(or maybe a buff orphington?) and she is just the sweetest little thing. She always is such a good friend to all of my other chickens in my flock. She loves to groom the other hens and she always comes to a clucking chicken and comforts them. Many of my friends love that type of breed. So friendly and kind. I totally love her![​IMG]

2. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Post a pic of her!! [​IMG]
    HOW CUE!

3. chick chatter

Apr 7, 2010
    I don't have a pic currently, but feel free to comment about your chickens! I love hearing chicken stories![​IMG]

4. chick chatter

Apr 7, 2010
    I also call Sunny a bunny or whatever that rhymes.
    She is sooooooooo cuddly!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  5. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Well I have a hen [[a mix]] and whenever I sit down she always jumps up on my lap and lets me pet her and stuff [​IMG] hehe

6. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    how cute that sounds like my old cornish bantam (she died a couple weeks ago [​IMG] ) even tho she wasn't any older than most of the others, she still acted like a mother to them. she raised three healthy batches of chicks all on her own and never pecked or even growled at me when she was broody. she was very gentle, but her beak turned sharp as soon as it came to defending her chicks or her flock. Her name was Princess Sugar, but toward the end, i think she was more of a kind old queen. Rest In Peace, Sugar-Girl.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  7. FeatheredFeline

FeatheredFeline Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Northwest Washington
    I have a hen named Sunny my self. She's my buff orphington queen hen. She is the same age as most of my flock but she mother's everyone and keeps them all inline.

8. axion_lotus

axion_lotus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Central NC
    I had a cornish bird named Sunny (he/she was a rescue). I never got to see him/her grow up because that (expletive deleted) possum got him/her. [​IMG]

Hopefully now that my lover and I have done renovations on the coop, it'll never happen again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by