Funny!

Omellette

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 13, 2014
Bc, Canada
So this is my first time having chickens. Their waterer was getting shavings in it so I put it on top of a peanut butter lid. That didn't work still shavings, so I went to rinse it out and left the peanut butter lid in there. Apparently it's their favourite new thing. They play king of the hill while pecking at it. It's been going on for an hour now. I don't know if it's the noise or the little raised picture part but it sure is funny. I put some chick feed on there they went nuts.

what kind of peanut butter lid? good idea to keep them busy in winter. As far as the water I find hanging the water from rope in a rinsed out milk jug and cut hole out side. They poke head in it to drink it and I do same thing with feed.

Oh that's a good idea. Might be hard to hang it in the brooder though. Here is the type of lid.From the big jars.

well the funniest thing my hen did was when I put ice in the water (We live way down south in Louisiana USA) and as it began to melt to a tiny piece it gave Mira a brain freeze and all her feathers from neck up fluffed up. My husband just fell over laughing

So this is my first time having chickens. Their waterer was getting shavings in it so I put it on top of a peanut butter lid. That didn't work still shavings, so I went to rinse it out and left the peanut butter lid in there. Apparently it's their favourite new thing. They play king of the hill while pecking at it. It's been going on for an hour now. I don't know if it's the noise or the little raised picture part but it sure is funny. I put some chick feed on there they went nuts.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom