Future Chicken Owner with lots of ??

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Medicated feed has amprolium which inhibits thiamine uptake in the cocci. Cocci is a protozoa (several types) that lives in the soil. I don't see any relation between the type of chick feed and cocci in dogs.

I thought I would only start with 2 -3. ha I now have 20 all under the age of 11 weeks.. cant help myself chickens are adictive. my idea was to be a bit more self reliant farm... eggs, meat, gardens, etc...

83076_chickens_etc_040.jpg

I really like my dark Brahmas. and barred rocks. both are large heavy breeds.. great personalities and very sweet.

I got 2 golden comets for egg laying < turns out great personalities> and 2 leghorns < not the calmest at all very flighty> ( the only to lay white eggs)

then I wanted to add a colored egg in each doz i sold or gave away so I wanted EE's.. they were not my favorite as far as their looks..( at first) so I got my EE's and oh my gosh..... Stole my heart FAST.... my little Sookie is just a doll baby sooo sweet and Loves people... even my little roo is sweet as can be, when held he just settles down in my hand and snoozzes off.. at first I was worried something was wrong with him.. like narcoleptic or something that he would fall asleep so fast but no.. he just settles in and feels safe and comfortable.. .. in fact going to pick 2 more pullets up today... really llike them and now their different looks are endearing not odd.. they have these cute muff Puffs at their ears and puffy necks and some beards.
83076_sany0673.jpg

my EE's Uncle Daddy and Sookie

I am really happy with the mix of birds I have now.. I have brown eggs white eggs blue eggs and green eggs layers. I do like the large breeds but I also have been raised with horses and big dogs so the little guys are like a chihuahua vs a great dane to me.. hahha

wait I am going to add one more breed but Im going to wait till next year ( so is the plan) I really really want blue and or lavender Orphingtons.. oh my gosh.. they are sosoooooo gorgeous.. I have to have a trio at least.

blessed be and welcome to the yard.. youll love it here )O(
Pink
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom