Future hen or rooster?

BreeShu

Songster
5 Years
Jun 10, 2018
First time ever raising chickens. Recieved a dozen mixed eggs. It was pretty 50/50 on sex so far. They are 11 weeks old and this friendly little one has never crowed unlike the others but I'm still not sure which it is.

Attachments

• 20210613_195523.jpg
    20210613_195523.jpg
    826.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210613_195521.jpg
    20210613_195521.jpg
    869.7 KB · Views: 8
That’s pretty normal. I still have two 11 month olds not crowing yet :eek: The dominant ones always crow first. (They are 100% roosters)
I gave away all but 1 rooster (guess 2 now) a couple weeks ago. My tiny little bantam crows non stop. If the bantam wasn't around would he presumably start crowing in his place?

I gave away all but 1 rooster (guess 2 now) a couple weeks ago. My tiny little bantam crows non stop. If the bantam wasn't around would he presumably start crowing in his place?
All depends on the bird, really. (All my roosters are bantams, but we have some little LF x Bantams in the brooder.) Id guess he may start crowing. I know hens don’t typically crow till the roosters are gone, so probably the same case with other guys.

All depends on the bird, really. (All my roosters are bantams, but we have some little LF x Bantams in the brooder.) Id guess he may start crowing. I know hens don’t typically crow till the roosters are gone, so probably the same case with other guys.
Well I guess I got my answer this morning also when he immediately mounted a hen straight out of the roost!

Back
Top Bottom