fuzzy butts

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by florasbell, Jul 14, 2011.

1. florasbell

florasbell Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    germany
    so the 2 that hatched yesterday are now running around in a cardboard box an one of my daughters tedddies as a mum they are very loud very fast the black one which had a bit of blood when he hatched is fine still has a little yolk outside about the size of a pea but its not bothering him/her i am just keeping it clean and moist the gold/yellow one is fine no yolk left and having fun running around

i still have the one egg that pip a large whole in the bator shouting away woundering were his friend have gone i had to move them as its small inside and they were panting i also moved the 3 remaning eggs back in there one pipped in my hand and the other two have cracks all over so fingers crossed for them they are now shouting away so hopefull the other egg wont e lonely

then i have to go through it all again next week with my duckies [​IMG]

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Once in lockdown try and resist the urge to open and remove any hatchlings until the entire hatch is done. This helps keep the humidity up and stops them from shrink wrapping. The one with yolk still should be in the bator until it is absorbed, careful the other chicks don't peck at it.

3. florasbell

florasbell Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    germany
    went out to find some chick starter in the shops came home to 2 more freshly hatched babies lol

the babie with the yolk is fine he walking talking lol a little wobbly but the yolk is drying up and falling off a bit at a time im not going t mess with him he fine one more egg to go

i didnt have any other eggs in with them yesterday as they hadnt pipped so i put them back in the bator bit of the combined bator and i took the chicks out this morning as they were panting so i put the rest back in the hather the eggs can all talk and see each other were ever in the bator they are put i have had no shrink wrapping and my hum is at 40% im really happy with this hatch 5 out of 10 is 100% improvment then my last 2 trys just hoping they are all girls to go with my 5 roos but my luck they will all be roos aswell lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by